Call for Young Artists & Designers
Get seen and help the Mayor’s 2020-21 Charity Fundraiser!
Chris Gay, Devizes’ Mayor, is looking for a handful of young devizes artists & illustrators to produce artwork for her chosen charities.
This year has been particularly difficult with so many events everywhere being cancelled, including most of the Mayor’s usual fundraising activities.
Profits from this intiative will go to Chris’s two chosen charities ~ Alzheimer’s Support, Sidmouth St. & Devizes CIL, Independent Living.
- You can apply if you are between 16-25 years old
- Designs should reflect ‘iconic and unique’ nature of Devizes, preferably featuring town landmarks or historic locations
- Designs should be wearable all year round (so not themed for a particular season)
- The designs may be printed or embroidered onto charity hoodies, polo-shirts and bags so please bear this in mind and ensure the design submitted works well at different sizes
- This initiative will be reviewed at the end of January, with the Mayor selecting suitable designs on a rolling basis as suitably ones are submitted
Chosen designs will also be on sale from occasional stalls in the Shambles market and via the OHM Clothing website.
NOTE: Successful artists will retain copyright of their design and receive a small fee from any sales. If there are no sales of a chosen design there will be no fee ~ the aim of this initiative is to help raise the profile of young artists and illustrators from the town and surrounding villages whilst raising funds for the two charities.